Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
How to Play Jazz Blues (The First Ten Steps)
One of my favorite piano skill is to play the walking bass while I am improvising. Why?
- It helps me to create a ‘full jazz band’ effect
- It helps stabilize my groove
- It helps me to add more space to my improvisation.
- It sounds awesome.
It is not an easy skill, but today, I want to provide you a smart, step by step practice plan to master this skill in a fun way.
Sheet Music (7 Pages)
- Page 1-2: How to build Walking bass (12 Bar A minor Blues)
- Page 3: Walking Bass + Voicings (Rootless Voicings + Basic 7th Chords)
- Page 3: Walking Bass + Random Jazz Comping Rhythms
- Page 4: Walking Bass + Five-Finger Blues Scale Etude
- Page 4: Walking Bass + Blues Scale Etude
- Page 5: Walking Bass + Blues Improvisation Etude
- Page 6: Blues Licks
- Page 6: Walking Bass + Blues Licks Etude
- Page 7: Walking Bass + Improvisation and Blues Licks Etude combined